Saturday, February 24
9 AM-4 PM
Join us at The Schiele as we travel back through time at Fossil Fair, exploring fossils, rocks, minerals, and the ancient stories they hold. Mine for gemstones, visit our Dino Safari exhibit, search for tiny fossils from the Carolina coast, and meet some living fossils! See museum and fossil club displays and purchase interesting specimens from vendors.
Schiele Members: $3
Non-Members: $3 plus Museum Admission
*Please note: on special event days ASTC reciprocals will need to pay general admission plus any additional upcharge for that day.
9 things to know about Fossil Fair:
1. Parking: Our parking lot holds a minimal number of cars.There will be an overflow parking shuttle going from The Schiele Museum parking lot), Grier Middle School and Parkwood Baptist lots.
2. Carolina Smash truck will be outside the main entrance selling yummy food from 11am-4pm. They accept both cash and card.
3. Living Fossils shows will be in the auditorium at 11am, 1pm, and 3pm. Seating is first come, first serve.
4. Admission is only $3 for Schiele Members and $3 + general admission for Non-Members
5. Members who purchased their tickets in advance online may pick those tickets up in the member express lane.
6. Most all vendors and collections to display will be in the Environmental Studies Center (ESC)
7. When you purchase or pick up your tickets at the front desk you will recive a wristband, this permits you access to the event until 4pm.
8. Dinosaur related planetarium shows will play at 11am, 1pm, and 4pm. Planetarium tickets are an additional $5 per person.
9. Gemstone mining will be on the nature trail at the gristmill (included in event admission)