Currently Posted Jobs:
Currently Posted Internships:
- Archaeology: Will provide an in-service learning experience that illustrates a career in Archaeology and Archaeological Collections management. The intern will learn about critical steps in the application and administration of archaeological research.
- Aboriginal Cultures Education: Interns will be involved with the delivery of Cultural History and Social Science content to museum audiences. Interns will support the utilization and management of the Catawba Indian Village as an interpretive program site, develop primitive skills that directly relate to program content, and also support activities such as program development, program evaluation, data collection and resource management that are required for a successful education program.
- Live Animal Husbandry: will provide in-service learning experiences in museum live animal care, education and exhibition activities.
Most interns work 15 to 25 hours a week. Some interns choose to find a part-time job to help support their stay.
Mission: The Schiele Museum's internship and fellowship program is designed to provide an educational opportunity for students in the area of museum practice, research, and programming through guided work/research experiences using the resources of the museum. An internship at The Schiele Museum is a prearranged, structured learning experience scheduled within a specific time frame under the direct supervision of Schiele staff and may apply toward academic credit.
Projects vary by department. Past projects include:
- Archaeology: fieldwork on prehistoric sites and artifact analysis.
- Education: assist with developing, presenting and evaluating public programs and workshops.
- 18th Century History and Backcountry Lifeways: researching and presenting living history programs.
- Aboriginal Studies and Primitive Skills: learning primitive skills and assisting with programs and workshops.
- Exhibits: fabricating and installing exhibits, developing databases for exhibitions, developing press kits and editing label text.
- Visitor Services: developing and evaluating visitor guides and giving tours.
- Collections: organizing and cataloging photos, monitoring museum environmental conditions and assisting with upgrading collections storage.
- Exhibits: learn about critical steps in the exhibit development and implementation process. .
- History Education: will learn about application and administration of education programs in the museum setting.
- Interpretation: learn about critical steps development, implementation, and evaluation of program and exhibits products