Volunteers are important at The Schiele, and we would love to have you join us!
Schiele volunteers play an essential role in sharing our exhibits, resources, and educational programming with the public. We are always looking out for dynamic and passionate people to help promote our mission of inspiring curiosity and understanding of science and the natural world.
In order to apply to volunteer with us fill out an application here! All volunteers are required to complete an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator. Those 18+ applying will be subject to a background check in order to qualify to volunteer. Volunteers under the age of 18 will be required to provide 2 letters of recommendation along with their application and will need written consent from a parent or guardian.
Before you begin your application, you'll need to have the following ready:
- Contact Information
- Resume - listing any work or volunteer experience
- Idea of what area(s) where you'd like to help (see areas here).
- What days & times of the week you're available.
- Short paragraph about why you'd like to volunteer.
- Share any previous volunteering/work experience at The Schiele.
If you're under 18 years of age, you'll also need:
- Contact information for your parent/guardian.
- Two Letters of Reference (from a teacher, coach, youth /scout leader, etc.)
Volunteer placement is a selective process, and not all applicants are accepted into the program. The Schiele Museum reserves the right to place volunteers in the area that the staff feel is best suited to the applicant's skills and the needs of the museum. Upon acceptance to the Schiele Volunteer Program, completion of an on-site orientation and training course is required to being volunteering. Before training is scheduled for a volunteer, a certified background check must be submitted to The Schiele Museum for any volunteer 18 years+. Additional training for specific departments may be required by the lead staff in that area.